February 4th, 2013 (InsideCostaRica.com) The Fire Department responded to an ammonia spill at the Moin dockyard on Saturday. The spill reportedly occurred from a refrigerated container of about 40 feet, located on dock in Moin, Limon.
On Saturday, the Fire Department’s press office indicated that the area would be evacuated until the container that was the source of the spill could be located.
No reports of injuries from inhalation or direct contact have been received.
The incident was reported at about 12:37pm to the Limon Fire Department, which dispatched five fire engines to the scene.